Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cookies from Heaven




The title says it all! lol These cookies are what inspired me to start this blog so please excuse me while I come down from cookie heaven....
...
..
.
ok thats better! :)

I would like to thank the author from Taste and Tell as she is the original author of this recipe! You can find her blog and other goodie recipes HERE

These cookies are really easy to make and are yummy! The perfect dessert for your Valentines Day, Christmas, Wedding or heck just any day of the year! They have a medium/neutral sweetness to them so on a scale from 1-10 with 1 being not sweet at all and 10 being the sweetest thing ever I give them a 5.
I however, loveeee sweet so I ended up dusting just a tiny bit of the confectioner sugar ontop of the cookies after they were done. It didnt make it too sweet but bumped it up just a notch to a 6.

Ok lets get on with it! Here is the recipe:

Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 12 minutes

Total Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes

Yield: a little over 2 dozen cookies

Ingredients

  • 8-oz cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 box red velvet cake mix
  • confectioners' sugar, for dusting

Instructions

  • In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the cream cheese and the butter. Beat in the egg, then the vanilla. Beat in the cake mix until completely combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
  • Preheat the oven to 350°F.
  • Roll the chilled dough into tablespoon sized balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar, and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
They are a little messy when you are making them into balls and dusting them so you may want to use some plastic restaurant gloves if you have them or get red tinted hands like I did! Whats the fun in staying clean anyhow lol.

They are a hit so far in the house the children and I love them! This is defiantly a keeper and something I will make more of as time is allowed:) If you try them comment and let me know what you think!

2 comments: